On June 2nd summer officially begins at La Maternelle French Academy with our annual splash days out on the playgrounds. We will be using sprinklers and kiddie pools to cool off. Make sure to bring your child already dressed in their swim suit & water shoes with sunscreen applied on their designated day. Don’t forget to pack a towel and extra change of clothes. Please identify your child’s belongings by writing their initials or full name somewhere on the article. Check out the schedule below for your child’s classroom.
Creche & TPS (Miss Yanick – Miss Myriama – Miss Mampia) Mondays & Wednesdays
Petite Section (Miss Emilie – Miss Nassima) - Tuesdays & Thursdays
Moyenne Section – Grande Section (Miss Helene – Miss Amel – Miss Monika) - Mondays & Wednesdays
Please remember children are required to wear water shoes (Crocs are NOT water shoes) and swimsuits during water play.Toddlers are required to wear a swim diaper (if not potty trained). Sunscreen should be applied each day by the parents over any part of the body that is left exposed when the child is dressed for water play.
New students during summer camp Policy + Reminder
If you are coming to La Maternelle for the first time you will need to follow our policy and bring items necessary for your child.
- Please sign your child IN (morning) and OUT (evening) each school day. Sign in/out allows the school to keep track of attendance. If you have not yet been assigned a code (the last 4 digits of your phone number), please let us know as soon as possible.
- Please also bring your child’s immunization record on the first day of school. The State of Texas is very strict and states that “All immunizations should be completed by the first date of attendance”
- Also, please don’t forget to bring all needed items requested on the supply list including:
NEEDED DAILY FOR LUNCH
· lunch box + tableware (if you bring your own lunch)
· sippy cup (with your child’s name on the bottle)
· table mat
Remember that classrooms are not equipped with refrigerators. Make sure your child’s lunchbox is well insulated and packed with the appropriate cooling / ice packs
NEEDED WEEKLY FOR NAP TIME:
· small blanket
· small pillow
Your child’s sleep time belongings will be sent home every other Friday to be washed. Don’t forget to bring them back on Monday !
In addition, please help us identify your child’s blanket, lunch bag, coat, or other personal items. Please identify your child’s belongings by writing their initials or full name somewhere on the article. As always, we appreciate your assistance.